Rights & Responsibilities
In the rare event of a patient being violent or threateningly abusive to staff or other people in the surgery, we may call the police, and we may ask the Health Board to remove you from our list. There is a special GP practice in the city to which violent patients will be referred.
You will be treated with respect and as a partner in your care. This means that you have responsibilities too.
Help Yourself and us by:
- Let anyone involved in your care know if you cannot keep an appointment either at the surgery, hospital or clinic.
- Let anyone involved in your care know if you change your address or telephone number.
- Practice doctors and staff should be treated with respect.
- There will be no physical violence, verbal abuse or drunkenness tolerated under any circumstances.
We will try to help by:
- Answering questions about your treatment
- We will respect your confidentiality at all times.
- We will provide information on how to complain or make suggestions about our service.