All GP practices are contracted to provide “essential services”, that is, basic treatment of ill people. We also hold a contract with GG&C NHS to provide additional services:
- Family Planning Services are available from Sandyford Clinic – 531 8349
- Contraceptive services including implant insertion and removal
- Antenatal & Postnatal services.
- Child Health Surveillance, together with Health Visitor.
- Routine immunisation of children.
- Cervical Smear Tests
- Minor surgery – for the freezing of warts and other small skin lesions
- Travel Immunisations both NHS & Private
- Counselling service within the practice can be accessed via the GP.
- Lifestyle Advice
- Menopause and HRT advice
- Smoking cessation advice and support
- Dressings and wound care – see Treatment Room
- Drug addiction – a methadone substitution programme is offered for patients with drug problems with approval from the Glasgow Drug Problem Service
Chronic Disease Management Programme
- Respiratory Illnesses – Asthma / COPD
- Cardiac / Heart problems
- Hypertension – high blood pressure
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
We also hold a contract with GG&C NHS for the following “enhanced services”:
- Annual flu immunisation programme to protect the elderly, 2-4 year olds and at risk
- Annual shingles immunisation programme to protect the elderly
We also run a methadone substitution programme for patients with drug problems with approval from the Glasgow Drug Problem Service.